1. Static RAM is a faster and more dense memory than DRAM
2. ROMs cannot be used even when only few bits are corrupted.
3. Hamming code is a typical error correcting mechanism used to repair Hard failures.
4. Read-mostly memory is a type of random-access memory.
5. Hard failures in the memory cannot be repaired and hence have be replaced or spares have to be
6. ROM can be used to store frequently accessed functions.
7. The memory devices used in a computer form a hierarchy based on a set of characteristics.
8. The lowest level of memory in the hierarchy is the closest to the processor.
9. The size of a word is typically equal to the number of bits required to represent an integer.
10. Semiconductor ROM memory is a nonerasable but volatile type of memory.
11. Direct mapping implies that the number of lines in the cache must be equal to the main memory.
12. The best among the three cache replacement algorithms is the least recently used (LRU) algorithm.
13. The write back policy allows the new data to be written both in the cache and the main memory.
14. The program counter stores the address of the next instruction to be executed.
15. Multiple interrupts cannot be handled by the processor.
16. The program counter stores the address of the next instruction to be executed.
17. The fundamental building block of the ENIAC machine was transistors.
18. The stored program concept is used in both ENIAC and Von-Neumann machines.
19. The Intelx86 architecture is CISC-based.
20. Intel has not produced chips with architecture that run 64-bit instructions.
Because Static RAM is a faster than DRAM but not more dense memory.
Because Read-mostly memory is a type of ROM(Read only memory)
Because, RAM can be used to store frequently accessed functions but not ROM cann't do it.
Because the upper level of memory in the hierarchy... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2012, 10). Examen. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 10, 2012, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Examen-1163111.html
"Examen" StudyMode.com. 10 2012. 2012. 10 2012 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Examen-1163111.html>.
- MLA 7
"Examen." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 10 2012. Web. 10 2012. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Examen-1163111.html>.
"Examen." StudyMode.com. 10, 2012. Accessed 10, 2012. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Examen-1163111.html.