Euthanasia pros and cons
Arguments for Euthanasia:
• It gives a way to relieve extreme pain
• It gives a way of relief when a person's life standard • Frees up medical funds so other people can be helped Arguments against Euthanasia:
• Euthanasia devalues human life
• Euthanasia can become very expensive
• Physicians and other medical care people should not be involved in directly causing death • You can’t just kill a person because he is old or unable to live properly
Was euthanasia on Candy’s dog right?
The History behind it:
Candy and his dog have been together since the dog was a pup. Carlson pointed out that the dog was no good to himself. The dog was old and would surely die a slow death. Knowing this, Candy agreed to let Carlson shoot the dog in the back of the head so the dog would die without feeling a thing.
My opinion on it all:
I don’t think that the killing of Candy’s dog was right. I don’t think that taking a life of the dog that has been with Candy for such a long time was a good idea. It was wrong of Carlson to talk it into Candy’s head that it was right to kill Candy’s dog. Sure the dog is old and can’t take care of himself anymore, and yes he does stink but he meant so much to Candy so I don’t think that is was a great idea to kill the poor Canine. Although Carlson kills the Dog he does at least offer to give Candy one of his puppies, he still killed the dog by shooting it through the back of the head. "I don't see no reason for it," said Carlson. He went to his bunk, pulled his bag from underneath it and took out a Luger pistol. "Le's get it over with,"...
“Candy looked a long time at Slim to try to find some reversal. And Slim gave him none. At last Candy said softly and hopelessly, "Awright -- take aim." " In this quotation you can really see that Candy really doesn’t want to get rid of his dog, but in the end he does because of the pressure on...