Euroland Foods S.A.
Questions for Team Assignments
For the Euroland Foods case your team is expected to submit an initial executive report of maximum four pages.
This report is due 25 hours before session 3 and should cover the following points:
1. Highlight the strengths and weaknesses of the various measures of investment attractiveness as used by Euroland Foods. Will all of the measures rank the projects identically? Why or why not?
2. Please rank the 11 proposals on the basis of purely financial considerations.
3. Please rank the 11 proposals a second time based on any considerations you believe to be important.
4. Are the rankings in 2 and 3 identical? Why or why not?
5. Which set of projects should Wilhelmina Verdin recommend to the board of Euroland Foods as the capital budget for 2001?
Note: The spreadsheet model underlying Exhibit 3 of the case is available in zonecours.
Role-play exercise for session 3
During session 3 we will cover the case using the dynamic of a role-play exercise with a debriefing.
Each student will take the point of view of one of the following members of the Senior- Management Commitee : 1. PDF Président Directeur-Général (CEO - Chief Executive Director) 2. Finance Director
3. Managing Director - Distribution
4. Managing Director - Production and Purchasing
5. Managing Director - Sales
6. Managing Director - Marketing
7. Managing Director - Strategic Planning
To be prepared for this exercise, you must be familiar with the characteristics and possible objectives of each director.
Please join StudyMode to read the full document