Instructions: Click on the box in front of your selected answer. When completed, save and post as an attachment.
1. Which term is used to refer to a subordinate group whose members have significantly less control or power over their own lives than the members of a dominant group have over theirs?
a. minority group
b. majority group
c. stratified group
d. social group
2. In sociological terms, a majority is the same as a
a. numerical minority.
b. numerical majority.
c. dominant group.
d. subordinate group.
3. Members of a minority or subordinate group
a. generally marry outside their group.
b. become a part of the group voluntarily.
c. are political equals of the majority group.
d. share physical or cultural characteristics that differ from the majority group.
4. All of the following are processes that may create subordinate groups except:
5. Which term is used by sociologists to describe a group that is set apart from others because of obvious physical differences?
a. social group
b. ethnic group
c. racial group
d. formal group
6. Which of the following is considered a racial group?
a. Puerto Ricans
c. African Americans
d. all of these
7. The U.S. has used skin color as the standard for race designation with
a. two categories: Black and White.
b. an elaborate system describing various combinations of skin color, facial features, and hair texture.
c. a continuum of most Black to most White.
d. a focus on cultural differences.
8. Which term is used to describe a group that is set apart from others primarily because of its national origin or distinctive cultural patterns?
a. social group
Cite This Essay
(2010, 05). Ethics Chapter 1 Quiz. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 05, 2010, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Ethics-Chapter-1-Quiz-328509.html
"Ethics Chapter 1 Quiz" StudyMode.com. 05 2010. 2010. 05 2010 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Ethics-Chapter-1-Quiz-328509.html>.
- MLA 7
"Ethics Chapter 1 Quiz." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 05 2010. Web. 05 2010. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Ethics-Chapter-1-Quiz-328509.html>.
"Ethics Chapter 1 Quiz." StudyMode.com. 05, 2010. Accessed 05, 2010. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Ethics-Chapter-1-Quiz-328509.html.