1) You intend to open a trendy restaurant in Toronto’s posh, Yorkville district. List ten (10) specific procedures, guidelines or activities that you can engage in at the restaurant, in order to attempt to be either environmentally-friendly or to build a sustainable business. The suggestions should directly relate to the restaurant’s operations, its procurement policy or its marketing plans
So finally I have decided to follow my dreams and start a restaurant, I need to know what food restaurant is in demand and what is easy to sell to customers and what is easy to buy from suppliers. Before I even move on the specific strategies and policies of the restaurant I need to develop a marketing strategy which will be as crucial to my success as the items on your menu.
The most important thing while starting a business is to consider and think whether I would be environment friendly and that would support locally grown produce that is grown with humane procedures kept in mind like, respect workers, does not harm the environment and supports the local farming community.
10 specific procedures, guidelines or activities I would engage in my restaurant in order to stay environmentally-friendly and build a sustainable business
• The first thing I need to see from my procurement and marketing perspective would be that suppliers and agencies dealing in related to the business are environment friendly and follow humane procedures in their premises and that they cared about the society as a whole
• Lower my restaurant lights early during dinner service and have candles on each table already in order to be energy efficient and at the same time give a serene effects on my guest during their dinner • Replace plastic bags with paper bags for takeout orders. As we all know that plastic bags are not environmental friendly and when those bags are thrown out they end in stomach of the birds and fish which in turn comes back to us in the form of food • I would make my customers aware of the food I am serving in the restaurant are from locally produce and contains only raw materials coming from suppliers which cared about environments by printing it on the menu next to the items this will built customer confidence and a sense of loyalty and long lasting sustainability • Check to see if the seafood or any particular food I am serving is sustainable and plentiful the vendor should have this latest information or you can check the internet to find what is available or what is not • I would try to eliminate food wastage by mentioning it on the back of my menu or displaying it in the restaurants to make customer aware of what is available on the menu today and I would definitely try to control my food wastage back in the kitchen • I would have on the back of my restaurant menu all the steps you have taken to preserve our environment. This is not only wise space for the back of the menu but provides your diners with tips they can use at home. • I would use as much as I can only recycled products and try to use Styrofoam as they are environmental-friendly and not wasting those things like cans or whatever waste instead disposing it off in a manner which provides it to be recycled again
• We need to know those restaurant industry specific regulations. From storing and preparing food to serving alcoholic beverages and explore these regulations and guidelines early on in the planning process and be strict to implement them and market them in local adverts and in the restaurant and take a pride in it
• One of the most important I would like is to follow guidelines from the Canadian Food and Restaurant Association for providing nutrition information for each item on the menu for customers in order to create a society of healthy people who are made aware of whatever they are eating is nutritious for them
2) Even if every individual and other business around you is...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document