Bharat Electronics Limited|
Type| State-owned enterprise Public|
Traded as| BSE: 500049
Founded| Bengaluru, India (1954)|
Headquarters| Bengaluru, India|
Number of locations| 9 factories|
Key people| Mr. Anil Kumar (Chairman)|
Revenue| 5,404.7 crore (US$983.66 million)(2011))|
Net income| 737.3 crore (US$134.19 million)(2011))|
Employees| 11,961 (March 2009)|
ABOUT THE COMPANY Bharat Electronics Limited is a state- owned Electronics Company with about nine factories, and a few regional offices in India. Its Corporate Head Office is in Bangalore, India. It is owned by the Indian Government & primarily manufactures advanced electronic products for the Indian Armed Forces. BEL is 76 per cent owned by the Indian Government and 24 per cent owned by financial sectors through the Indian stock exchange. BEL is one of the eight PSUs under Ministry of Defence, Government of India. BEL became a Mini Ratna Category I in February 2002. Subsequently BEL has been got Navratna status in June 2007.BEL has more than 360 products in its range from small components costing a rupee to a huge equipment costing about Rs. 60 crore. Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) IS AN Indian based multi-product company. The company is engaged in manufacturing and supplying of electronic products primarily to defence and system/turnkey solutions. Defence division offers products in various areas, such as communications, radars, naval systems, opto-electronics, electronic welfare system, tank electronic and stimulators. Non Defence division offers products in various areas, such as switching equipment, television and broadcast, direct to home (DTH), telecom, imputer, electronic voting machine and electronic components. System/Turkey solutions division offers various services, such as command, control, communications, computers and intelligence solutions (C4I), satellite communications (SATCOM) and vessel traffic management system (VTMS). It also offers various services, including contract manufacturing, and design and manufacturing services.
Mr. Ashwani Kumar Datt (57) took over as the chairman and Managing Director of Navartna Defence Public Sector Undertaking Bharat Electronic Limited (BEL), with effect from May 1st , 2009. He succeeded Mr. V V R Sastry, who retired on superannuation on April 30th, 2009.
* To be a world class enterprise in professional electronics. MISSION
* To be a customer focused, globally competitive company in defence electronics and in other chosen areas of professional electronics, through quality, technology and innovation. VALUES
* Putting customers first.
* Working with transparency, honesty and
* Fostering team work.
* Striving to achieve high employee
* Encouraging flexibility and innovation.
* Endeavouring to fulfill social responsibility
* Proud to being a part of the organization.
* To be a customer focused company providing state of the art products and solutions at competitive prices, meaning the demands of quality, delivery and service. * To generate internal resources for profitable growth.
* To attain technology leadership in defence electronics through in-house R&D, partnership with defence research laboratories and academic institutions. * To give thrust to exports.
* To create a facilitating environment for people to realize their full potential through continuous learning and team work. * To give value for money to customers and to create wealth for shareholders. * To constantly benchmark company’s performance with best-in-class internationally. * To raise marketing abilities to global standards.