ESSAY STRUCTURE: OUTLINE
In groups of 5, discuss how you would answer the question that has been given to you. You must produce an essay outline. Make sure you have 1 thesis statement & 3 main points. Then, using PowerPoint slides, present your answer to your classmates.
Your presentation will be evaluated based on these criteria: Equableness, Elocution & Mechanics,, Subject knowledge, Presentation, Details, Visual aid & Graphics, Eye contact, and Verbal expression.
1. Nowadays, with the invention of the microwave and with the popularity of fast food restaurants, food has become easier to prepare than ever. Do you think microwave ovens and fast food restaurants are beneficial to society? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
2. It has been said, "Not all learning takes place in the classroom." Compare and contrast knowledge gained from personal experience with knowledge gained from classroom instruction. In your opinion, which source is more important? Why?
3. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Universities should give the same amount of money to their students' sports activities as they give to their university libraries. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.
4. In general, people are living longer now. Discuss the causes of this phenomenon. Use specific reasons and details to develop your essay.
5. Students at universities often have a choice of places to live. They may choose to live in university dormitories, or they may choose to live in apartments in the community. Compare the advantages of living in university housing with the advantages of living in an apartment in the community. Where would you prefer to live? Give reasons for your preference.
6. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? A zoo has no useful purpose. Use specific reasons and examples to explain your answer.
7. Is the ability to...