Alarilla, Joshua Aleck D.Group 6
Eng’r Elizabeth Espiritu
1. Why do we need to dry the Erlenmeyer flask at the start of the experiment?
The Erlenmeyer flask must be dried before the experiment in order to avoid the air from reacting with the left over water.
2. What is the reason for making the levels of water the same inside and outside of the Erlenmeyer flask while it was submerged in cold water?
The reason for making the levels of water the same inside and outside of the Erlenmeyer flask so that the atmospheric pressure inside the Erlenmeyer flask is equal to the outside.
3. What are the possible sources of error of this experiment?
• The water level in the flask is not the same with the outside.
• The Erlenmeyer flask wasn’t cleansed properly before experimentation.
• Wrong reading of the temperature.
1. Why should the glass tubing be dry?
The glass tubing must be dry before experimentation to easily see the white ring inside.
2. What are the possible sources of error?
• If the cork is not properly placed.
• The tubing wasn’t dry before the experiment.
• Human error in measuring the distance at both sides.
• Wrong computation.
During the experiment, the group demonstrated how to get the volume, pressure and temperature through experimentation. One way the group did to measure the pressure is by the use of the Barometer. The Barometer is a scientific instrument used to measure atmospheric pressure. On the other hand, the...