Characteristics of ERP Solution :-
Seamless integration of modules
Independence of hardware platform
PC download/upload facility
Advantages of ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) System:
1. Complete visibility into all the important processes across various departments of an organization (especially for senior management personnel).
2. Automatic and coherent work-flow from one department / function to another to ensure smooth transition/ completion of processes.
3. A unified and single reporting system to analyze the statistics/ numbers/ status etc in real-time, across all the functions / departments.
4. Since same software is used across all departments – this can avoid individual departments having to buy and maintain their own software systems.
5. Certain ERP vendors can extend their ERP systems to provide Business Intelligence functionalities as well.
6. Advanced e-commerce integration is possible with ERP systems that can handle web-based order tracking/ processing.
7. There are various modules in an ERP system like Finance/ Accounts, Human Resource Management, Manufacturing, Marketing / Sales, Supply Chain / Warehouse Management, CRM, Project Management, etc.
8. Since ERP is a modular software system, its possible to implement either a few modules (or) many modules based on the requirements of an organization. If more modules implemented, the integration between various departments might be better.
9. Single Database is implemented on the back-end to store all the information required by the ERP system and that enables centralized storage / back-up of all enterprise data.
10. ERP systems are more secure as centralized security policies can be applied to them and all the transactions happening via the ERP systems can be tracked.
11. ERP systems provide visibility and hence enable better/ faster collaboration...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document