1. Ergonomics is the science of appropriate workplace conditions and job demand to the best capabilities of the working populace. Efficient and triumphant “fit” guarantee high productivity, evading of injury risks, and increased satisfaction among the place of work.
2. What are five of the common musculoskeletal disorders that result from poor ergonomics? Define each of the disorders you find.
2. Five of the most common musculoskeletal disorders that result from poor ergonomics include, 1Carpel Tunnel Syndrome. Carpel Tunnel Syndrome, is when the tendons that pass thru carpel tunnel are over work, such repeatedly lift heavy bags and become swollen and inflamed.2 Epicondylitis which is an inflammation of the tissues surrounding the elbow.3 Ganglion Cyst which is a harmless fluid that occurs commonly on outer surface of the wrist.4 Rotator cuff tendonitis which is an inflammation of the tendons of the rotator cuff.5 Bursitis which is the inflammation of the bursa.
3. What are some job duties that can contribute to musculoskeletal disorders if they are not done properly?
3. Some job duties that can contribute to musculoskeletal disorders if they are done properly are lifting groceries, which can lead to rotator cuff injury as well as carpel tunnel syndrome. Another is stocking shelves, this can cause muscle strains and other injuries that can occur from repeated use or exertion.
4. In your future profession, what potential ergonomic issues might you encounter? List 3-4 solutions on how you will prevent ergonomic issues and explain why. Include what your future profession is going to be.
4. In my future profession as an Health Information’s Technician some of the potential ergonomics issues that I might encounter are, small workspace which in tells using small office equipment, which can lead to cramps in the wrist, small seats and uncomfortable seating which can cause poor posture, which can lead to strain on...