1. Which equation below represents the quadratic formula?
*a. -b±b2-4ac2a = x
2. Which of the following represents a set of parallel lines?
a. Option one
b. Option two
*c. Option three
3. What is the definition of an obtuse angle?
*a. an angle greater than 90°
b. an angle equal to 90°
c. an angle less than 90°
4. Which formula below represents the area of a circle?
d. A= √π
What geometric term is represented by the image below?
a. a corner
*b. a cross-section
c. the circumference
d. the perimeter
11. Using the data in the table below, calculate the mean, or average, number of points scored by Player B.
| Game 1
| Game 2
| Game 3
| Game 4
| Game 5
6. This instrument is commonly used by surveyors. It measures horizontal and vertical angles to determine the location of a point from other known points at either end of a fixed baseline, rather than measuring distances to the point directly. What is it called?
7. What is the name of the missing shape in the flowchart below?
8. What category includes all of the items on the list below?
9. Determine the area of the shaded portion in the diagram below.
* ABCD is a square
* ABCD touches the circle at 4 points
* The length of one side of the square ABCD is 2 cm
a. π– 4
*b. 2π – 4
c. 3π 2 – 4
d. 4π 3 – 4
e. 5π – 4
Please join StudyMode to read the full document