NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Equality and Diversity
Unit 1: Exploring Equality and Diversity
You should use this file to complete your Assessment.
• The first thing you need to do is save a copy of this document, either onto your computer or a disk • Then work through your Assessment, remembering to save your work regularly • When you’ve finished, print out a copy to keep for reference • Then, go to www.vision2learn.com and send your completed Assessment to your tutor via your My Study area – make sure it is clearly marked with your name, the course title and the Unit and Assessment number.
1. What is meant by diversity?
2. Describe the community you live in. Highlight some of the variations you may observe in terms of: • Interests
• Personal, social and cultural identities.
3. Explain how the variations in question 2 contribute to the diversity of the community.
4. Give some examples to explain how diversity:
• Enhances your life
• Enhances the local community
• Enhances this country.
5. Describe what it means to respect people’s differences and why it is important to respect differences.
6. For a person you know, describe the individual factors that make him / her who they are.
Name: Ana Cozmina
|Defining factors |Brief description | |Physical characteristics |I see a smartly blue suit, who works very hard in her job. | | | | | | | | | | | | | |Emotions |I see a best friend, who is kind, always helps me, advice me | | |regarding accounting. Also I see a positive good spirited when we | | |work together. | | | | | | | |Likes and dislikes |I see her a very good accountant | | | | | | | | | | | | | |Values and beliefs |I see someone who is devoted, attends regularly and who supports | | |church activities in the community | | |...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document