1. What is meant by diversity?
2. Describe the community you live in. Highlight some of the variations you may observe in terms of:
Personal, social and cultural identities.
3. Explain how the variations in question 2 contribute to the diversity of the community
4. Give some examples to explain how diversity:
Enhances your life
Enhances the local community
Enhances this country.
5. Describe what it means to respect people’s differences and why it is important to respect differences.
recognising the individual and cultural differences of people you are supporting is the first step in being able to Tailor support and setting up a culturally and psychologically safe enviroment . Another words if you do not understand your clients culture back ground you won't be able meet the clients needs when setting up his care plan.
6. For a person you know, describe the individual factors that make him / her who they are.
Likes and dislikes
Values and beliefs
7. Describe yourself in terms of:
Religion / culture
8. What is meant by having multiple identities? Give three examples in relation to people you know.
9. What is meant by shared identity?
10. Explain and give examples of how an individual can identify themselves as belonging to a number of different groups
11. Describe yourself in terms of your multiple identities.
12. What is meant by stereotyping and labelling
13. Explain why some people stereotype others.
14. Provide two examples of the damaging effects that stereotyping and labelling can have on people.
15. Provide at least two examples of the way stereotyping is perpetuated in society.
17. Explain how people may develop prejudices
18. Describe the following types of...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document