P.U.(A) 294/2005 ENVIRONMENTAL QUALITY (SCHEDULED WASTES) REGULATIONS 2005 Incorporating latest amendments - P.U.(A) 158/2007 Publication : Date of coming into operation : 15 August 2005 15 August 2005
ARRANGEMENT OF REGULATIONS
Regulation 1. Citation and commencement Regulation 2. Interpretation Regulation 3. Notification of the generation of scheduled wastes Regulation 4. Disposal of scheduled wastes Regulation 5. Treatment of scheduled wastes Regulation 6. Recovery of material or product from scheduled wastes Regulation 7. Application for special management of scheduled wastes Regulation 8. Responsibility of waste generator Regulation 9. Storage of scheduled wastes Regulation 10. Labelling of scheduled wastes Regulation 11. Waste generator shall keep an inventory of scheduled wastes
Regulation 12. Information to be provided by waste generator, contractor and occupier of prescribed premises Regulation 13. Scheduled wastes transported outside waste generator's premises to be accompanied by information Regulation 14. Spill or accidental discharge Regulation 15. Conduct of training Regulation 16. Compounding of offences Regulation 17. Revocation
First Schedule Second Schedule Third Schedule Fourth Schedule Fifth Schedule Sixth Schedule Seventh Schedule
LIST OF AMENDMENTS.
IN exercise of the powers conferred by sections 21 and 51 of the Environmental Quality Act 1974 [Act 127], the Minister, after consultation with the Environmental Quality Council, makes the following regulations:
Regulation 1. Citation and commencement
(1) These regulations may be cited as the Environmental Quality (Scheduled Wastes) Regulations 2005. (2) These Regulations come into operation on 15 August 2005.
Regulation 2. Interpretation
(1) In these Regulations, unless the context otherwise requires— "scheduled wastes" means any waste falling within the categories of waste listed in the First Schedule; "incompatible scheduled wastes" means scheduled wastes specified in the Fourth Schedule which, when mixed, will produce hazardous situations through heat generation, fires, explosions or the release of toxic substances; "on-site treatment facility" means a facility, other than a scheduled wastes incinerator or a land treatment facility, located on a waste generator's site and that is used solely to deal with scheduled wastes produced on that site; "contractor" means any person licensed by the Director General of Environmental Quality under subsection 18(1A) of the Act; "waste generator" means any person who generates scheduled wastes; "prescribed premises" means premises prescribed by the Environmental Quality (Prescribed Premises) (Scheduled Wastes Treatment and Disposal Facilities) Order 1989 [P.U. (A) 140/1989].
(2) Words and expressions which are not defined in these Regulations shall have the same meaning as assigned to them in the Act and in the Environmental Quality (Prescribed Premises) (Scheduled Wastes Treatment and Disposal Facilities) Order 1989.
Regulation 3. Notification of the generation of scheduled wastes (1) Every waste generator shall, within 30 days from the date of generation of scheduled wastes, notify the Director General of the new categories and quantities of scheduled wastes which are generated. (2) The notification given under subregulation (1) shall include the information provided in the Second Schedule.
Regulation 4. Disposal of scheduled wastes
(1) Scheduled wastes shall be disposed of at prescribed premises only. (2) Scheduled wastes shall, as far as is practicable, be rendered innocuous prior to disposal.
Regulation 5. Treatment of scheduled wastes
(1) Scheduled wastes shall be treated at prescribed premises or at on-site treatment facilities only. (2) Residuals from treatment of scheduled wastes shall be treated or disposed of...