Axia College University of Phoenix
October 8, 2011
Lisa M. Whyte
MKT/421 Mc Clintock
Environmental Factors 2
The rising technology has allowed our environment to be characterized as a global one. “The global economy" gave business the ability to market products and services all over the globe. It has also allowed them to develop partnerships and alliances throughout the world, which has become essential for success in today’s business.” Prior to Globalization, the United States dominated the global economy. In past decades, however, the U.S. share of the global economy has shrunk to approximately 20%. This trend is expected to continue as the economies of many newly industrialized countries continue to grow at a faster rate, this is called the balancing of the equilibrium.
Select an organization with which you are familiar that conducts both domestic and global marketing.
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper in which you identify the environmental factors that affect global and domestic marketing decisions. Address the following as they relate to the organization’s marketing decisions:
• Analyze the influence of global economic interdependence and the effect of trade practices and agreements.
• Examine the importance of demographics and physical infrastructure.
• Analyze the influence of cultural differences.
• Examine the importance of social responsibility and ethics versus legal obligations.
• Analyze the effect of political systems and the influence of international relations.
• Analyze the influence of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act of 1977, as well as the influence of local, national, and international legislation.
• Explain the effect of technology.
The supply and demand for a good, service, or security in a particular country. Many companies cater to the...