To the Almighty God is the highest gratitude!
For the accomplishment of this research work, a number of other people and institutions bear a part in this with downright openhandedness of their time, efforts and encouragement.
The researcher’s most earnest regard to…
* Ms. Acedera for her continuous efforts in improving the work of the researcher, showing us the right way to take and for her unconditional generosity and motherly understanding for the researcher.
* The Main Library and High School Library of the University of Batangas, the Batangas City Library for the use of books and references.
* My family for their loving presence, encouragement and understanding in every step for the completion of this research.
This research paper is dedicated to the following people who bear a great part in the accomplishment of this study.
* To the Almighty God
* To Mr. and Mrs. Marasigan
* To Ervin, Judith and Ejay Marasigan
* To Ms. Acedera
* Especially to researcher’s friends
THE PROBLEM AND ITS BACKGROUND
As with Noli Me Tangere, Rizal seeks to expose the current situation in the Philippines in El Filibusterismo. Similar issues are raised: the need for reform in education, superstition masquerading as religion, the abuses of the friars, the corruption of the officials and the pretensions of social-climbing natives and Spaniards. As in Noli, Rizal uses satire and caricature, but there is less humor, more bitterness in his treatment of situations.
The main focus of the study will be on the portrayal of Filipinos’ customs, beliefs and traditions in Dr. Rizal’s El Filibusterismo. Since the ideal of the novel means of achieving social reform, a number of chapters have long dialogues that seem like debates, pitting Rizal’s fading hopes for reform against his long-held aversion to revolution. The latter seems to win out, as the novel ends with Simoun’s... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2010, 09). English Research. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 09, 2010, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/English-Research-417946.html
"English Research" StudyMode.com. 09 2010. 09 2010 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/English-Research-417946.html>.
"English Research." StudyMode.com. 09, 2010. Accessed 09, 2010. http://www.studymode.com/essays/English-Research-417946.html.