A Semi-detailed lesson plan in English language
Alvizo, Reo Melanie
Mercado, Khalelah Jacques
Sala, Jessah Christine
Level: Grade 3
Subject: English Language
Lesson: Adjectives/Descriptive Words
Story: The Dream Eater
A. To identify words that describe people, places and things in sentences.
B. To give examples of sentences with descriptive words.
sentence charts, food cut-outs, worksheets
A. Preparatory Activities
I have here some sentences from the story. Let’s read them one by one.
1. Yukio is very helpful.
2. He lives in a peaceful village.
3. He saw a strange creature.
1. Look at sentence number 1, who is very helpful? (Underline nouns) Look at sentence number 2, where does Yukio live?
Look at sentence number 3, what did Yukio see?
2. Look at the underlined words.
What kind of boy is Yukio? (Encircle adjectives)
What kind of village does he live in?
What kind of creature did he see?
What kind of words do they describe?
What do you think these words are called if they describe
people, places and things?
3. I have some more examples here.
Who can tell me the descriptive words?
Which words do they describe?
1. the book is heavy.
2. He lives in a big city.
3. She is very kind.
Encircle the descriptive words in the sentences. Underline the words that they describe.
1. He carried a heavy stone yesterday.
2. She likes to eat sweet fruits.
3. Do not eat if your hands are dirty.
4. The monster is very strong.
5. He gave her colorful pillows.
6. The spider has long legs.
7. She baked a round cake.
8. Her son is very lazy.
9. The selfish boy does not have friends.
10. There is a tiny button on the dress.
Next meeting, you are to share to class what you have dreamt lately.
Please join StudyMode to read the full document