NAME : ___________________________________
CLASS : ________
Your friend has written to tell you that she has done badly for her English test. She has asked for your advice. Use the following guides to write a letter to her on what she can do to improve her English. Below are some suggestions that you can use in your letter to your friend.
• Read more English books
• Watch English programmes on television
• Listen to English news
• Write simple essays when she is free and ask the teacher for help
When writing your letter:
▪ you may use all the notes given;
▪ elaborate on the given notes to make it more interesting; ▪ make sure it is not less than 120 words.
You are advised to spend about 30 minutes on this question.
Read the article and answer the question that follows.
Write a summary on what can be done to revive the reading habits among children.
Your summary must:
▪ not be more than 60 words, including the 10 words given below ▪ be in continuous writing (not note form)
▪ be written in ONE paragraph
Use your own words as far as possible without changing the original meaning.
Begin your summary as follows:
To revive the love of books, we should begin with……………. -----------------------
MID TERM EXAMINATION
1 Hour 10 Minutes
1. This question paper consists of two sections.
2. Answer all questions.
3. You are advised to spend about 40 minutes on Section A and 30 minutes on Section B
Prepared by : Mrs Bernie Victor
I believe there is more to be done to revive the love of books among Malaysians, especially children. Many Malaysian kids only know trivial...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document