You will be asked to write a summary of not more than 60 words in Section B of the PMR English Language Paper 2 * Read the question carefully and identify the nouns in the question (Underline them as this will help you to detect the points) * Then look at the 10 words given.
* Try to find the 10 words in the text, sometimes not the whole 10 words could be found in the text. If, the 10 words is no where in the text, look back at the question; words from the question could be in the text. (Usually the points are directly after the words and in the second paragraph) * Read the text carefully to identify important facts/ points. * Underline the important facts/points, leave out details like example or lengthy descriptions. * Before you write your summary.. List down the points, write them down in your answer sheet and then, count the words. Name of people and places are considered as one word. Examples: Kota Kinabalu, Tun Mahathir Mohamad * After that, do some cutting, pasting and joining; cut redundant words and try to join the points and re-organise them. * Make sure that what ever you do would not change the meaning. * Then, as far as possible write out your summary using your own words, but use the same tense as in the passage. * You must use /begin your summary with the 10 words given. * Use connectors or whatever suitable words to link the fact. * Write your summary in not more than 60 words and in one paragraph. *
* Don't forget to write the number of words in brackets as the end of your summary.
Sample Question (Section B, Paper 2 – PMR 2006 )
Write a summary on why Zoo Negara has problems with the animals left at the gates. Your summary must:
* •not be more than 60 words, including the 10 words given below * •be in continuous writing (not note form)
* •be written in one paragraph
* Use your own words as far as possible without changing its...