FACULTY OF EDUCATION AND LANGUAGES
OUMH1303 ENGLISH FOR ORAL COMMUNICATION
MAY 2010 SEMESTER
COURSE ASSIGNMENT (30%)
1. The assignment will be evaluated based on accurate explanations which fulfill the requirements of the questions and supported by credible points and references.
2. Type your assignment using “Times New Roman” font size 12 with 1.5 spacing on A4 size paper.
3. Submit your assignment to your tutor before or by the 4th tutorial week.
4. The total number of pages is between 10-12 pages only, excluding copies of any visual aids used in the oral presentation and the references.
5. The assignment constitutes 30% of the course marks – 10% is allocated for the written text and 20% is allocated for the oral presentation.
6. This assignment should be prepared individually.
7. Plagiarism in any form is prohibited. Plagiarised materials will not be accepted. No marks will be given for plagiarised work.
This assignment is to be done individually. The assignment is divided into two parts: a written text and an oral presentation. The written text consists of a report. The oral presentation is a 5-10 minute talk on the findings of your interviews.
A. Written Text (10%)
As part of the requirements for the OUMH1303 course at OUM, you undertake a series of face-to-face oral interviews on “What Makes Me a Malaysian”. This section of the assignment describes how you should set up the interviews, analyse the views of your interviewees and then write up the report.
1. Prepare 4-7 questions that you can use in each interview. You should discuss these questions on the LMS with your classmates or come up with them yourself. You can also Google to source questions on national identity–try appropriate combinations of words such as ‘national identity’, ‘survey’, ‘Malaysian identity’, etc. These questions can be open-ended or they can be ‘Yes/No” questions. Examples...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document