1) Use a Bound (stitched binding) notebook. DO NOT use a loose leaf or Spiral bound notebook!
2) Entries Should be in Permanent Ink--Not Pencil.
3) The Title, unit Number, date and Book Number (should you need more than one!) should be accurately recorded when starting a New Page.
4) All data is to be recorded directly into the notebook. The inclusion of all elaborate details is preferable. Notes and calculations should be done in the notebook, NOT on loose paper. In the case of an error, draw a single line through the incorrect data. Do Not Erase or use correction fluid. All corrections should be initialled and dated.
5) In the case where you have used CAD or computer simulation to provide evidence then this should be stored in a folder BUT referred to and cross referenced (using consistent format of date / time / names etc.) in your notebook
6) After entering your data / design ideas / calculations etc., sign and date all entries. Witness or witnesses should sign and date each entry too. The witness must observe the work that is done, and have sufficient knowledge to understand what they read. Names of those present during any demonstration should also be recorded.
7) Use Both sides of a Page and Never leave any White Space: "X" out or Crosshatch all unused space, and don't forget to initial & date the crossing out!.
8) All contents of the notebook / folder should be kept secure & safe. It should be kept...