Instructions: This examination requires the writing of concise 50-word (or less) answers to THREE of the following six items. Work on this examination is completely open book, but must be worked on individually. No collaboration of any kind is allowed. No citations are required. Submissions are due as a word-processed attachment in the Courseroom assignment area by 9:50pm Eastern Time on Thursday, April 29, 2010. Answers can be typed directly into this document where indicated. Do not delete unused items or modify the item numbering in any way. Answer THREE of the following six items:
1. Contrast the underlying objectives and approaches for decentralization and outsourcing.
Information systems encourage decentralization by removing boundaries; technological, geographical, and economical. It enables cost reduction in many ways by proper utilization of information. Outsourcing allows companies to focus on other business issues while having the details handled by outside experts. In short, it allows management to focus their full attention to other issues.
2. Analyze the underlying objectives and approaches toward enterprise systems like CRM or SCM.
3. Analyze the underlying objectives and approaches toward maturity models like CMMI or ITIL.
ITIL is a framework targeting the management areas, focusing on capacity, service level management, IT operations and services. The focus of CMMI is software development, integration and maintenance. However, CMMI does not address hardware management which is an approach ITIL defines in version 2.
4. Contrast the underlying objectives and approaches of business intelligence and data mining.
5. Analyze the underlying objectives and approaches in the OCTAVE Allegro security risk model.
6. Analyze the underlying objectives and approaches to standards as knowledge management frameworks.
Cite This Essay
(2010, 10). Engineering Management in the Last Century. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 10, 2010, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Engineering-Management-In-The-Last-Century-427876.html
"Engineering Management in the Last Century" StudyMode.com. 10 2010. 10 2010 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Engineering-Management-In-The-Last-Century-427876.html>.
"Engineering Management in the Last Century." StudyMode.com. 10, 2010. Accessed 10, 2010. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Engineering-Management-In-The-Last-Century-427876.html.