1. Sports are fun.
2. Participation in sports gives a child a higher level of self-esteem and a more positive outlook on life.
3. Children who participate in sports experience lower levels of depression.
4. Children who participate in sports have more positive body image and experience higher states of psychological well-being than those who do not play sports.
5. It teaches child teamwork, goal-setting, and the pursuit for excellence.
6. Adults that were active in sports and recreational activities feel greater confidence in their physical and social selves than those who were sedentary as kids.
7. Sports help develop leadership skills.
8. Children learn how to deal with failures and how it feels to be successful.
9. Sports can teach us to take appropriate risks and to be aggressive when needed.
10. Sports foster bonding friendships.
11. Children improve their skills.
12. Children who participate in sports perform routine physical activity that keeps them healthy.
13. Regular physical activity among children reduces risk for obesity.
14. Children who exercise weigh less; have lower levels of blood sugar, cholesterol and triglycerides, as well as lower blood pressure, than do non-exercising children.
15. Weight-bearing exercise can help prevent osteoporosis.
16. Studies have shown that exercise reduces many health risks.
17. The children that take part in sports are less likely to get involved into anti social activities.
18. Children who exercise report being happier, having more energy and feeling they are in excellent health more often than non-exercising children. They also miss fewer days of work.
19. Regular exercise improves the overall quality of life.
20. Children learn and understand the sport all while they are having FUN!! [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2012, 10). Encourage Children to Participate in Sports. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 10, 2012, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Encourage-Children-To-Participate-In-Sports-1156035.html
"Encourage Children to Participate in Sports" StudyMode.com. 10 2012. 2012. 10 2012 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Encourage-Children-To-Participate-In-Sports-1156035.html>.
- MLA 7
"Encourage Children to Participate in Sports." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 10 2012. Web. 10 2012. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Encourage-Children-To-Participate-In-Sports-1156035.html>.
"Encourage Children to Participate in Sports." StudyMode.com. 10, 2012. Accessed 10, 2012. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Encourage-Children-To-Participate-In-Sports-1156035.html.