1. What is employee engagement?
a> Definition of Wikipedia:
Employee engagement is a concept that is generally viewed as managing discretionary effort b> Definition of IES:
Employee engagement is a positive attitude held by the employee towards the organization and its values. An engaged employee is aware of business context, and works with colleagues to improve performance within the job for the benefit of the organization. The organization must work to develop and nurture engagement, which requires a two-way relationship between employer and employee. 2. Features of employee engagement:
• Understanding of business context and the ‘bigger picture’ • Respectful of, and helpful to, colleagues
• Willingness to ‘go the extra mile’
• Belief in the organization
• Desire to work to make things better
• Keeping up to date with developments in the field.
3. Diagnostic tools of employee engagement
• Training and development
• Performance management
• Equal opportunity
• Fair treatment
• Pay and benefits
• Health and safety
• Family friendliness
• Job satisfaction
• Immediate management
4. Different of employee engagement and employee satisfaction Employee engagement is what we get when an employee is motivated by the job; is successful in the job; is well managed by the supervisor and paid fairly by management. Employee satisfaction is what we get when we give employees things they want. So that an employee may be fully satisfied but is unsuccessful.
Primary Objective : To find out the level of employee engagement
1. To analyze if employee engagement has an impact on Attrition 2. To find out the relationship between employee engagement and Productivity 3. To analyze the relationship between employee engagement and Absenteeism 4. To find out whether increase in employee engagement has an impact on Employee Satisfaction
Employee engagement activities / programs
1. Picnic at intervals on a regular basis.
2. Movie at 2 month intervals.
3. A every-day column on the intranet with announcements / programs of the company, written by CEO, 4. Use an overhead paging system to update information. The system can recognize employees based on business achievements 5. Suggestion systems / quick responses of employees.
6. Replay on the intranet about the president’s / CEO’s press conference. 7. Live version of magazine on internal house.
8. CEO spending time communicating face to face with employees. 9. CEO used FAQ questions to know more about the business operation of the company. 10. ONLINE “ask the CEO” mailbox.
11. Give awards to staff monthly.
12. Give annual awards to staff
13. Write blogs every week on serious issues related to business and ask employees for reading/recommendations. 14. Make appointment with management team of disaster.
15. Make appointment with management team of emergency
16. Committee in charge of problem solving.
17. Committee in charge of quality assurance.
18. Implement training programs on soft skills and other required training programs. 19. Online real-time tracking of progress. Company progress in fulfilling targets/goals can be viewed by staff. 20. Provide long-term vision for the growth of business.
21. Indoor Games as well as Outdoor games, like Chess, Cricket, Badminton etc. 22. Celebrate Birthday parties for employees.
Employee engagement questionnaire
I/ Employee information
Start working from
II/ Rating scales:
2. Disagree (2)
3. Neither Agree nor Disagree (3)
5. Strongly Agree(5)
III/ Employee engagement questions
1. In the last seven days, have you received recognition or praise for doing good work? 2. Does your supervisor, or someone at work, seem to care about you as a person? 3. Is there someone at work who encourages your development? 4. At...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document