1. HEADING – serves to give the complete address of the writer and it gives the date when the letter is written.
2 KINDS OF HEADINGS
A. CONVENTIONAL HEADING –contains only the complete address of the writer and the date.
B. MODERN HEADING - contains the letterhead and the date, usually centered on the top of the stationary.
7 Moses St. Cielito Subd.
Camarin, Caloocan City
July 15, 2011
EXAMPLE OF CONVENTIONAL HEADING
EXAMPLE OF MODERN HEADING
2. INSIDE ADDRESS – contains the name and complete address of the individual or firm o whom the letter is written.
3. SALUTATION OR GREETING – is the greeting of the letter. Normally begins with “Dear” followed by person’s last name, but if the name and gender are not known “Sir/Madam” is written.
EXAMPLE OF INSIDE ADDRESS TOGETHER WITH SALUTION OR GREETING
College of Engineering
Dear Sir/Madam :
Engr. Rodolfo S. Tiongson
DEAN, College of Enginneering
Dear Engr. Tiongson:
4. BODY OF THE LETTER – consist of the actual message which is presented between the salutation and complimentary close. This is also written as text it is never write on hand written and must be clearly typed, neatly spaced and uniform in typographical construction.
5. COMPLIMENTARY CLOSE – is a conventional farewell to the reader. It follows the formality / informality of salutation, a comma should follow and initial capitalize for 1st word.
6. SIGNATURE – purpose is to authenticate the statements that precede It by fixing the responsibility for them upon an organization or an individual.
MISCELLANEOUS ELEMENTS OF BUSINESS LETTER
1. REFERENCE LINE – is used if the letter is a subsequent to a previous letter and for filling purposes.
2. ATTENTION LINE - if intended, to be read by the members of the company or department and there’s a person in charge of it, the attention line... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2011, 03). Elements of Business Letter. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 03, 2011, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Elements-Of-Business-Letter-612082.html
"Elements of Business Letter" StudyMode.com. 03 2011. 2011. 03 2011 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Elements-Of-Business-Letter-612082.html>.
- MLA 7
"Elements of Business Letter." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 03 2011. Web. 03 2011. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Elements-Of-Business-Letter-612082.html>.
"Elements of Business Letter." StudyMode.com. 03, 2011. Accessed 03, 2011. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Elements-Of-Business-Letter-612082.html.