Effective Study Habits Worksheet
Review Phoenix Career Plan results of Career Plan Building Activity: Work Culture Preference, respond to the following in 50 to 100 words each:
1. Describe your ideal study environment.
My ideal study environment is my room where I can be alone. When my sister goes to school, it becomes quiet and I’ll be able to concentrate and complete my assignements.Sitting on my bed makes me relax and comfortable to do focus. If I get distracted, I lay down and take a break until I gather my thoughts together so I can write.
2. List some of the distractions that might hinder your study progress or your performance in an online classroom.
Watching TV, doing chores around the house, listening to music, helping my mom cook , reading articles online which is no school related. picking up my sister from the school bus, giving her a bath, sometimes she wants to play, and making sure she gets her nap. People visit and I have appoinments every week to see my therapist.
3. What actions can you take to manage and eliminate distractions?
When my sister go to school, I try to squeeze in as much time as I can to finish assignments. When she goes to sleep, I take 30 more mintues to finish everything I didn’t finish before. It’s a routine I follow everyday and I always use my cell phone alarm to remind me of what I need to do in case I forget.
4. How will you apply your personal learning style? How does your personal Learning style affect your study habits?
I don’t think it affect my studying habits, I’m a fast learner and when I don’t understand something I do much research on the subject. I really push myself hard to learn something new and that means studying something over and over again until I get it. I make sure I make notes of subjects I’m doing too.
5. List 5 effective study strategies from this week that you will use. Explain why you selected them and...