• 38% of doctors in America are Indians
• 12% of scientists in Americaare Indians
• 36% of NASA employees areIndians
• 34% of Microsoft employeesare Indians
• The India group is the only one from South Asia to figure in the top 10 economically active working-age population. The group's average annual income is higher than that of the local British (21,250 pounds).
• Third largest tertiary education system after china and US. We have institutions like IITs and IIMs which are recognized worldwide and worlds largest consultancy firm Mac Kinsey hiresmost of the students from IIMs. Indian people are at top level in many world famous companies likechairman and chief executive of Pepsi-cola, Indra Nooyi and the mind behind many inventions like Vinod Dham, inventor of Pentium chip and there are so many.
Does all this data indicate in any way that Indians are less intelligent than others or for that matter lacking in educational qualifications than others????
Then have a look at the following data:
• The literacy rate of India as of 2009 is estimated to be 79.9%
• Of the entire world's illiterate people, 35% live in India.
• it is estimated that by the year 2020 over 50% of the illiterate population will live in India
• Approximately 40% of students, mostly girls, drop out by secondary school.
• Approximately 9 million children are not yet enrolled in schools.
• 52 percent of children aged 7 to 14 in rural India could not read a simple paragraph of second-grade difficulty, even after attending school.
• The HDI ranking of India in 2009 is 132nd out of 179 countries.
• In India 40% of the people who commit suicide belong to the adolescent age group.
What is the reason that the country which has 3rd largest tertiary education system in the world, fails miserably at its primary and secondary level?? What is the reason that there are...