Working Thesis: The United States of America, public education system is an imperative asset in the cultural structure of the United States. Americas decline in public education due to economical instability has negatively affected student’s ability to learn by insufficient number of qualified teachers, lack of school facilities, and inadequate amount of school supplies that will hinder the United States capability of growth.
1. The financial crisis in America has greatly affected the number of faculty members in public schools.
A. Schools had to lay off teachers starting with teachers of the shortest tenure.
B. This forced out teachers not based on performance and the decrease of teachers caused another problem of overcrowding in the classrooms.
2. With the decrease in teachers and the overgrowing number of students has caused a problem with public schools ability to maintain all of the students.
A. Lack of federal money given to each school has greatly affected public schools ability to upgrade school facilities.
1. Building bigger buildings that will fit all of the students.
2. Upgrading facilities that need maintenance.
B. Overcrowding in the classroom can hinder the learning ability of students.
1. Disruptions- excessive talk which can impair a student’s ability to learn.
2. Students being able to receive help from the teacher.
3. The decrease in financial support from the government has caused schools to have an inadequate amount of school supplies to benefit kids raised into poverty.
A. Public schools do not have the money to give to teachers for supplies.
1. Teachers cannot afford to pay for extra supplies due to their low annual income.
2. Poverty is at an all time high.
Conclusion: Public education needs the support of federal funding to survive. With the government, decreasing the amount of... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2011, 11). Education. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 11, 2011, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Education-827225.html
"Education" StudyMode.com. 11 2011. 11 2011 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Education-827225.html>.
"Education." StudyMode.com. 11, 2011. Accessed 11, 2011. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Education-827225.html.