Professor of Economics
Institute of Economic Growth
Delhi 110 007, India
Professor of Economics, Institute of Economic Growth, University Enclave, Delhi-110007 Head, Indian Economic Service Section, Institute of Economic Growth Course Director, Diploma in Development Planning and Policy, 1992- 1994, Institute of Economic Growth, Delhi - 110 007. Course Director, Faculty Upgradation Programme in Environmental Economics, World bank Funded Capacity Building Project in Environmental Economics in India. Warden, Institute of Economic Growth Hostel, Delhi-110007.
Reader, Institute of Economic Growth, University Enclave, Delhi-110 007, 1982-1993 Lecturer, Hindu College, Delhi University, 1970-1982.
Visiting Ford Foundation Fellow, Department of Economics, University of Birmingham, U.K., 1991-92. Visiting Professor, National Institute of Public Finance and Policy, New Delhi, January 1, 1989- December 31, 1989. Senior Research Associate, Project on Indian Fiscal Systems, University of Warwick, U.K., 1980-1982. Visiting Faculty for Teaching in World Bank Funded Faculty Upgradation Programmes Organised by Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, Indian Statistical 2
Institute, Kolkata, Institute for Economic and social Change, Bangalore, Madras School of Economics, Chennai, and Jadavpur University, Kolkata. Visiting Faculty for Teaching in the Faculty Upgradation Programme Organized by the South Asian Net Work for Environment and Development (SANDEE) at Dacca. Visiting Faculty for Teaching Environmental Economics, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi. Visiting Faculty for Teaching Heritage Economics at School of Planning and Architecture, New Delhi. Visiting Faculty for Teaching Courses in Public Economics, Delhi School of Economics. Consultant: World Bank, International Crop Research Institute (ICRISAT), and ESCAP. Educational Qualifications
1979 Delhi University, Delhi, Degree Ph.D., Economics
1966 Andhra University, Waltair, Degree M.A., Mathematical Economics, 1964 Andhra University, Waltair, Degree B.A., Mathematics, Economics and Political Science Publications
1. Environmental and Economic Accounting for Industry, Forthcoming, Oxford University Press, New Delhi, (Jointly with Surender Kumar)
2. Cleaning Up the Ganges: The Cost Benefit Analysis of Ganga Action Plan, Oxford university Press, New Delhi, 2000 (Jointly with Anil Markandya) 3. Economics of Industrial Pollution: Indian Experience, Oxford University Press, New Delhi, 1999 ( Jointly with A.J. James and Smita Misra)
4. Participatory Development: People and Common Property Resources, Studies in Economic Development and Planning No.52, Institute of Economic Growth, SAGE, New Delhi January, 1990 (jointly with Kanchan Chopra and Gopal Kadekodi). 5. Economic Evaluation of Environmental Management Programs, Common Wealth Publishers, New Delhi, 1988. 6. On Fixing Postal Tariffs in India, National Institute of Public Finance and Policy, New Delhi, January, 1990 (jointly with Raghabendra Jha and Satyapal) 3
7. Redistributive Taxation and Public Sector Pricing: Some Theoretical Issues and Indian Experience, Studies in Economic Development and Planning No.51, Institute of Economic Growth, Delhi, 1989. Research Monographs
1. Valuation and Accounting of Urban Air Pollution: A Study of Some urban Areas in the Indian Subcontinent
2. Valuation of Water, Monograph, World Bank Aided Capacity Building Project in Environmental Economics in India. 3. National Parameters for Investment Project Appraisal in India, Mimeo, January, 1992, with B.N. Goldar, G.K. Kadekodi and S.N. Mishra. 4. Water Conservation and Pollution Abatement in Indian Industry, A Report of the Project Commissioned by the Department of Environment, Government of...