* during his time, the Philippines was cited as Asia’s Next Economic Tiger because he brought back economic growth
* the Philippines celebrated Centennial Independence in 1998
* he’s the only Filipino who received British Knighthood from the United Kingdom, bestowed by Queen Elizabeth II (Knight Grand Cross of the Order of St. Michael and St. George)
* he led the 4th APEC Summit held in the Philippines
* his “Philippines 2000” vision made the Philippine Stock Exchange one of the best in the world in the mid-90s
* Death Penalty was reinstated at his time
* he signed peace talks and agreement with the MNLF
Joseph Estrada (June 30, 1998 – January 20, 2001)
Known as Erap, he was the first president who was a famous film actor. His governance had so many downs due to controversies, impeachment and slow economic growth. I think he’s the first president who has been impeached and the second one who was forced to leave the office because of People Power III in Edsa. Philippine economy was at its worst because of leadership uncertainty.
Contributions and Achievements of Joseph “Erap” Estrada:
* during his time, the MILF’s headquarters and camps were captured
* he joined other leaders and politicians who supported against the Charter Change
* was cited as one of the Three Outstanding Senators in 1989
* was among the “Magnificent 12” who voted for the termination of the Philippines and US Military Bases Agreement from Clark Airbase and Subic Naval Base
Ramos completed his elementary education at Lingayen Elementary School, graduating as the class valedictorian. For his secondary education, he initially studied at the University of the Philippines Integrated School (UPIS) but graduated from Centro Escolar University Integrated School.
In 1946, a few months after enrolling at the National University (NU) in Manila, Ramos earned a government scholarship to study at the United... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2013, 06). Economic Conributions. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 06, 2013, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Economic-Conributions-1797210.html
"Economic Conributions" StudyMode.com. 06 2013. 2013. 06 2013 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Economic-Conributions-1797210.html>.
- MLA 7
"Economic Conributions." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 06 2013. Web. 06 2013. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Economic-Conributions-1797210.html>.
"Economic Conributions." StudyMode.com. 06, 2013. Accessed 06, 2013. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Economic-Conributions-1797210.html.