MULTIPLE CHOICE. Choose the one alternative that best completes the statement or answers the question.
1) Assume that you borrow $2000 at 10% annual interest to finance a new business project. For this loan to be profitable, the minimum amount this project must generate in annual earnings is 1) _______ A) $201. B) $200. C) $400. D) $199.
2) Which of the following statements about the characteristics of debt and equities is true? 2) _______ A) They can both be long-term financial instruments.
B) Bonds pay dividends.
C) The income from bonds is typically more variable than that from equities. D) Bond holders are residual claimants.
3) Which of the following is not a secondary market? 3) _______ A) Foreign exchange market B) Primary market
C) Options market D) Futures market
4) There is no single precise measure of money or the money supply for economists because 4) _______ A) deciding what is generally accepted in payment for goods and services or in the repayment of debt is difficult to determine. B) definitions change all the time.
C) the government considers money supply statistics to be confidential and refuses to publish them. D) economists cannot agree if currency should be considered money.
5) When we say that money is a stock variable, we mean that 5) _______ A) it is sold in the equity market.
B) we must attach a time period to the measure.
C) money never loses purchasing power.
D) the quantity of money is measured at a given point in time.
6) If a perpetuity has a price of $500 and an annual interest payment of $25, the interest rate is 6) _______ A) 7.5 percent. B) 5 percent. C) 2.5 percent. D) 10 percent.
7) For simple loans, the simple interest rate is ________ the yield to maturity. 7) _______ A) not comparable to B) greater than
C) equal to D) less than
8) Which of the following bonds...