Q: What is e business?
- Is the use of electronic telecommunications to engage in the exchange of products and services
- E-Business refers to any form of transaction (exchange) that uses an electronic medium to facilitate the transaction.
- e-Business, therefore, can include the following:
- Internet-based companies that operate wholly through the Internet to conduct their business. Examples are eBay and Amazon.
- Companies that combine traditional business formats with information on the business provided via the Internet: for example, Ikea.
- Companies that combine traditional business formats with the opportunity of buying online. Examples include Marks & Spencer, John Lewis, HMV, Tesco and Argos.
- Companies that collect information on customer profiles and markets and sell this information to interested parties for example Experian and Mintel.
- Any device used to facilitate exchange, such as 'Chip and Pin' technology, automatic ticketing, electronic ticketing, credit card transactions and so on.
- Business to business (B2B) activity.
- Using the opportunities that IT presents to improve the flexibility of working patterns
Q: What is the nature of ebusiness?
- The nature of business today involves the use of computer technology and particularly, the internet.
- E- business uses available technology to improve business processes, attract more sales and /or provide better service.
- The term E- Business is often used interchangeably with E-commerce .
- E- Commerce is distinguishable from e-business, as it refers to online business transactions.
- E- Business is a rapidly evolving method of conducting business and is available to all industries.... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2011, 01). Ebusiness. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 01, 2011, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Ebusiness-563229.html
"Ebusiness" StudyMode.com. 01 2011. 01 2011 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Ebusiness-563229.html>.
"Ebusiness." StudyMode.com. 01, 2011. Accessed 01, 2011. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Ebusiness-563229.html.