COLLEGE OF AERONAUTICS
DYNAMICS OF RIGID BODIES
Different types of speed
Engr. Jabes A. Isoli_____
* Linear Speed – The time rate of motion of a point along its path, or the rate at w/c a point is “approaching” or receding form another point in its path.
The 100 meter dash ends at the end of the straight-away.
* Angular speed – The time rate of turning of a body about axis. Or the rate at w/c a line on a revolving body is changing direction and is expressed in angular units per unit of time.
A carousel or merry-go-round is an amusement ride consisting of a rotating circular platform.
* Uniform speed – speed is uniform when equal spaces are passed over in equal time however small intervals into w/c the time is divided.
Silent Drill Platoon is the model of military precision.
* Variable speed – speed is variable when unequal spaces are passed over in equal intervals of time.
Drag racing is a competition in which specially prepared automobiles or motorcycles compete two at a time to be the first to cross a set finish line, from a standing start, in a straight line, over a measured distance, most commonly ¼ mile (402 m).
* Velocity – includes direction sense as well as speed.
The roller coaster is a popular amusement ride developed for amusement parks and modern theme parks. In essence a specialized railroad system, a roller coaster consists of a track that rises in designed patterns, sometimes with one or more inversions (such as vertical loops) that turn the rider briefly upside down. * Linear Velocity – is not fully defined unless the direction and sense and the rate at w/c it is moving are known.
The golf ball direction and its velocity will be affected once the golfer hits the ball
* Angular velocity – The rate of change of angular displacement with respect to time.
The Ferris wheel will...