11014 Accounting (Managerial Control) 301 Semester One, 2011 Unit study package number: Mode of study: Tuition pattern summary: Credit value: Pre-requisite units: Co-requisite units: Anti-requisite units: Additional Requirements: Result type: Approved incidental fees: None Grade/Mark All fee information can be obtained through the Fees Centre. Visit fees.curtin.edu.au for details. Lectures: Thursday, 1:30-3:00pm (Venue: 210-101) Thursday, 6:00-7:30pm (Venue: 213-104) 11014 Internal 1.5 hours lecture and 1.5 hours tutorial per week 25 Accounting (Managerial) 201
Scheduled times and Venues:
Name: Associate Professor Alina Lee Phone: 08-9266 2880 Email: Alina.Lee@curtin.edu.au Building : 407 Room: 425
Name: Phone: Email: Building : Room:
Learning Management System: FLECS - Blackboard (oasis.curtin.edu.au)
11014 Accounting (Managerial Control) 301 Date published This unit is managed by School of Accounting, CBS.
Page 1 of 11 CRICOS Provider Code WA 00301J, NSW 02637B
Curtin Business School School of Accounting
The design of management control systems including performance management aligned with organizational strategy. Statistical techniques will be applied in to performance measurement techniques to measure their effectiveness.
Unit Learning Outcomes
On successful completion of this unit students can:
Graduate Attributes addressed:
1. Analyse the link between strategy, and planning and control systems;
2. Explain the role performance measurement and control systems play in planning and controlling organisational activities;
3. Identify and justify an appropriate method of transfer pricing;
4. Evaluate and report a business’s financial and non-financial performance; and,
5. Identify, evaluate and justify compensation methods.
Curtin’s Graduate Attributes
Apply discipline knowledge Thinking skills