1. Gravity- A invisible force that an astronomical object exerts on its surface.
2. Inertia-The property of a body by which it remains at rest or continues moving until affected by another force.
3. Potential Energy-The energy that a body or system has stored because of its position
4. Kinetic Energy- The energy a body or system has because it is moving.
5. Friction- Resistance encountered by a moving object in contact with another object.
6. Traction-The adhesive friction between a moving object and the surface on which it is moving. Module 4 – Signs, Signals & Pavement Markings
1.Explain the purpose of the following in complete sentence answers, using proper spelling and grammar:
A. Broken yellow lines indicate:
Broken yellow lines indicate passing zones for vehicles traveling on a two way, traffic opposing each other road.
B.Yellow lines (broken or solid) indicate what type of traffic flow: The side of the road with the solid yellow line facing it is a no-passing zone, while the opposite side of the road, with the broken yellow line facing it, passing is allowed.
C.Broken white lines indicate:
The white line means traffic in both lanes is traveling in the same direction. The broken lines indicate that drivers may change lanes.
2.Observe and describe the different signs in YOUR city. Give specific examples of each (include color, shape, what the sign is for, etc.). Write in complete sentences, using proper spelling and grammar. A.A regulatory sign- It's a no u-turn sign. indicates that you cannot make a u turn where that sign is posted. helps to regulate traffic.
B.A motorist services sign- A sign indicates what services are off that exit for people driving motor vehicles. usually are blue.
C.A recreational sign- Indicates where you are permitted to do something. Or where...