Module 08 Reflection Journal (Module 7 and 8)
Copy and paste the questions into the student comments section. Read the questions thoroughly. Answer the questions in a full and complete manner. Use complete sentences, including proper spelling and grammar. When you are ready to turn in your assignment, add a check mark to the Submit for Grading box and then select Submit.
After submitting your journal contact your instructor to complete your Module 8 Discussion-Based Assessment.
Module 7: Collision Costs and Preventions
There are many costs associated with owning and driving a car. The purchase of a car is only the beginning. There are maintenance costs, fees, tolls, taxes, fuel and insurance. For the next few questions, you will explore these costs by talking to a parent or guardian about your driving responsibilities. 1. Will I have a vehicle of my own to drive, or will I share?
2. Who will pay for the insurance and gas?
3. Contact your family’s car insurance company to obtain a cost estimate. How much will you be expected to pay monthly or annually?
4. If you drive 50 miles each week and your car gets 25 miles to the gallon with gas costing $4.00 per gallon, how much gas will you have to buy?
5. If you get paid $8.00 per hour at your job and insurance is $200 a month, how many hours will you have to work to pay for insurance?
6. Will your parents set restrictions on your driving such as the hours of the day you can drive or how many passengers you can have in the car? If so, please include restrictions.
7. Will your parents allow you to drive to school, work, on major highways, how far from home can you drive? Please include where you will be allowed to drive.
8. Never text and drive! Discuss with your parents the use of your cell phone when driving. Explain to them the one situation when it would be appropriate to talk on your cell phone. Then write the situation you spoke with them about.
Please join StudyMode to read the full document