Experiment Name: Driver Characteristics Study
To study the Driver Characteristics using Driver Vision Screen Tester
Driver Vision Screen Tester: Keystone DVS-GT Deluxe Record Form
Driver Vision Related Characteristics
1. Visual acuity is acuteness or clearness of vision, especially form vision, which is dependent on the sharpness of the retinal focus within the eye and the sensitivity of the interpretative faculty of the brain.
2. Color vision is the capacity of an organism or machine to distinguish objects based on the wavelengths (or frequencies) of the light they reflect or emit. The nervous system derives color by comparing the responses to light from the several types of cone photoreceptors in the eye. These cone photoreceptors are sensitive to different portions of the visible spectrum. For humans, the visible spectrum ranges approximately from 380 to 740 nm, and there are normally three types of cones. The visible range and number of cone types differ between species.
3. Phoria is a latent deviation. This means that the deviation is not apparent unless fusion is broken. For the phoric patient, the natural resting position of the eye muscle system is not ortho (straight). When the patient is visually active (i.e. awake and alert) the power of fusion keeps the eyes straight. If fusion is broken by dissimilar visual targets, (e.g. the Maddox Rod test), then the eyes move to their natural resting positions (eso, exo, or hyper).
4. Depth perception is the visual ability to perceive the world in three dimensions. Although any animal capable of moving around its environment must be able to sense the distance of objects in that environment, the term perception is reserved for humans, who are the only beings that can tell each other about their experiences of distances.
5. Contrast sensitivity is the visual ability to see... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2009, 02). Driver Characteristics. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 02, 2009, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Driver-Characteristics-191574.html
"Driver Characteristics" StudyMode.com. 02 2009. 02 2009 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Driver-Characteristics-191574.html>.
"Driver Characteristics." StudyMode.com. 02, 2009. Accessed 02, 2009. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Driver-Characteristics-191574.html.