Part 1 List all major and minor players in the case along with their descriptions. * Major
* Tim McIntyre: Vice-president of Communications for Domino’s. * Patrick Doyle: Domino’s president.
* Kristy Hammonds and Michael Setzer: two rogue employees who made and posted the prank video on YouTube. * Social media: The Consumerist, Google, YouTube, Twitter, Television, Facebook, newspaper, etc. * Domino’s senior management: who make a decision of big issue of Domino’s pizza. * Blowers: who watch the video by social media.
* Franchise owners of Domino’s pizza.
* Loyal customers of Domino’s pizza: directly influenced by this scandal. * Minor
* Blogger: from the Consumerist contacted McIntyre to watch video. * Departments: Local health department, Local police department. * Competitors: pizza restaurant such as Papa John’s, Pizza Hut, etc.
Part 2 What is the main problem?
Two Domino’s Pizza employees filmed a prank in the restaurant’s kitchen and posted the video online, which caused the company suffered reputation and public relations crisis.
Part 3 What are the significant factors in the case? (Minimum of 5) 1. The immature action of Kristy Hammonds and Michael Setzer in the video. 2. The late respond and decision made by senior management. 3. Food safety in the food production process and sanitation of the chain’s food. 4. Two rough employees were irresponsible for uploading the video to the website. 5. Human resource department of Domino’s pizza is lack of investigation employees’ background information. 6. Social media is widely used by numerous viewer and information spread rapidly.
Part 4 a. What are 2 alternative courses of action that you could take that would solve the problem from part 2? b. List 2 pros and 2 cons for each alternative. * The first course of actions:
1. Immediately contact and take off the video from the websites. 2. Fire the two employees immediately....
Please join StudyMode to read the full document