Worksheet no.81 Dogs
1. Why is the dog considered to be man’s best friend?
* The dog considered to be man’s best friend because dog has a intellectual ability that dog can do tricks, dog can smell anything like bomb and dog can be our savior. They could physically and psychologically help their humans with hearing disabilities, would be more affordable, and would be very loving. They could alert their humans to sounds of doorbells, alarm clocks, electrical machines, telephones, the name of their humans (when someone calls them) car horns, babies crying, and fire alarms.
2. When rizal was executed in bagumbayan, the Spanish army brought a dog as a mascot which they thought would bring them good luck. What could be the breed of their mascot? * It is the
* askal (asong kalye or street dog, today called aspin or asong pinoy) dog that was present when was executed. But when Rizal was executed the dog ran circles around Rizal’s body. Some Spaniards took this as a bad omen for the ongoing war for independence.
3. The dog in the execution picture above looks like a terrier, while Spaniards are known to prefer Spanish mastiffs (Mastin de la Mancha). How would you explain the discrepancy? * The dog in the execution not a terrier, I know there are many types of terrier but the dog in execution are maybe a beagle, airdale or a bloodhound dog. Beagle, airdale and bloodhound weighs up to 30 pounds, and can stands about 15 inches high that are similar in the picture of execution.
4. What kind of pet dog do you have? What tricks have you taught it? * I have a collie, named “lassie”. Collie is one of the intelligent dogs. Lassie can jump, sit, play the ball, sense of smell that is often used to track human beings, and she make good watchdog in our home.
5. Should dogs also be treated as children to be nurtured and protected? Briefly discuss your opinion about those who slaughter dogs for food. *...