Medical Studies at the University of Santo Tomas (1877 - 1882) * April 1877
* Rizal was 16 years old, matriculated in the University of Santo Tomas, taking the course on Philosophy and Letters.
* 1877 – 1878
* During his first year term in the University of Santo Tomas , Rizal studied Cosmology, Metaphysics, Theodicy and History of Philosophy.
* 1878 – 1879
* It was during the following term that Rizal that having received the Ateneo Rectors advice to study Medicine, took up the medical course.
* Another reason why he chose medicine for a career was to be able to cure his mother’s growing blindness. * 1878
* Finishes Surveying Course in Ateneo.
* He took the vocational course leading to the title of Perito Agrimensor (Expert Surveyor). * He was victim of Spanish Brutality.
* Age of 17
* He passed the Final Examination in the Surveying course, but he could not be granted the title as Surveyor because he was below age. * The title was issued to him on November 25, 1881.
* Rizal was President of the Academy of Spanish literature and Secretary of the Academy of Natural Sciences.
* He also continued his membership in Marian Congregation, of which he was the Secretary. * Segunda Katigbak
* Was his first love.
* Capitan Juan and Capitana Sanday Valenzuela
* From Pagsanjan, Laguna, Parents of Leonor Valenzuela.
* The next door of neighbor of Donya Concha.
* Leonor Valenzuela
* Daughter of Capitan Juan and Capitana Sanday Valenzuela. * Leonor Rivera
* Rizal next woman.
* His cousin from camiling.
* Antonio Rivera
* His Landlord – uncle, and had a pretty daughter Leonor a student at La Concordia College where Soledad (Rizal’s youngest sister) was then studying. * April 11, 1867
* Leonor born in Camiling Tarlac, was a frail, pretty girl “Tender as a budding Flower with kindly eyes”. They became engaged. * In her letters to...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document