Provide answers to each of the following. You may consult your text and fellow students. Each numbered item counts 2 points.
1. If one strand of a DNA double helix has the sequence GTCCAT, what is the sequence of the other strand?
2. If a strand of DNA has the sequence AAGCTC, transcription will result in a(n) ______.
a. single DNA strand with the sequence TTCGAG
b. single RNA strand with the sequence TTCGAG
c. DNA double helix with the sequence AAGCTC for one strand and TTCGAG for the complementary strand
d. single RNA strand with the sequence UUCGAG
e. RNA double helix with the sequence UUCGAG for one strand and AAGCUC for the complimentary strand
3. The DNA codon AGT codes for an amino acid carried by a tRNA with the anticodon ______. a. TCA
4. If the sequence of an mRNA is AUGUUUACUCCA, what is the sequence of amino acids in the polypeptide translated from it? Use the genetic code in your text. a. Met-Phe-Thr-Pro
5. What is the sequence of amino acids in the polypeptide translated from the mRNA in #4 if a mutation results in a G inserted after the AUG codon? a. Met-Phe-Thr-Arg