1. What is diversity? Why is diversity valued?
Diversity is the condition of being different. For example: culture, race, education, religion, experiences, gender, physical qualities, sexual orientation, etc. Diversity is valued because it enriches us with its multiplicity of opinion and ecperience. Nobody is completely the same, our differences and diversities can lead to growth in our society in a positive or negative way.
2. What is ethnocentrism? In what ways can ethnocentrism be detrimental to a society? Ethnocentrism is the belief in the superiority of one’s own ethnic group, the tendency to look at the world primarily from the perspective of one’s own culture. Ethnocentrism puts down a certain group or culture, it leads us to make false assumptions about cultural differences and it often distorts communication between human beings.
3. Define emigration and immigration.
Emigration- an act or instance of migrating. A body of emigrants; emigrants collectively. Immigration- A group or number of immigrants.
-phone app dictionary
4. What are some of the ways groups of people are identified? Some ways thats groups of people can be identified are by ethic, cultural, religion, sexual orientation, race, gender, morals, physical qualities, work ethics, education, experiences.
5. Why do people label and group other people?
People label and group other people in order to give then a distinct identity in the society. The reason could also be because people who have little confience so they try to put other people in a lower class then themselves.
6. Define culture. Is culture limited to racial and ethnic backgrounds? Explain. Culture- The quality in a person or society that arises from a concern for what is reguarded as excellence in arts, letters, manners, etc. Also the behaviors and beliefs of characteristics of a particular social,...