Disorders of the Digestive System
Anorexia Nervosa Cholelithiasis
• Is a Condition that Involves the Frequent Passing of Loose or Watery Stools - It is the Opposite of Constipation and can have Many Causes, which may be Infectious or Non-Infectious.
• It May Be Caused by Improper Bowel Habits, Spasm of the Colon, Insufficient Bulk in the Diet, Lack of Exercise, Pregnancy, Stress, Cancer, Depression, Hormonal Disorders such as Hypothyroidism side effects of medications, and rarely Heavy Metal Toxicity and Emotion.
• Is an Inflammation of the Vermiform Appendix.
• It can lead to Peritonitis, a serious Inflammation of the Abdominal Cavity's lining (the peritoneum) that can be Fatal unless it is Treated quickly with Strong Antibiotics.
• Is a Growth of Excess Tissue due to an Unusually rapid division of Cells. • A Tumor, also known as a Neoplasm, is an Abnormal mass of tissue which may be Solid or Fluid-filled.
• A Distorted or Scarred liver as a result of Chronic Inflammation. • Is a Slowly Progressing Disease in which Healthy Liver Tissue is replaced with Scar Tissue, eventually preventing the Liver from Functioning Properly. • Cirrhosis is an Abnormal Liver condition in which there is Irreversible scarring of the liver. • The main causes are sustained excessive alcohol consumption, Viral Hepatitis B and C, and fatty liver disease etc.
• An Inflammation of the Liver cause by Viruses, Drugs, and Chemicals including Alcohol. • It may occur with Limited or No Symptoms, but often leads to Jaundice, Anorexia (poor appetite) and Malaise. • Hepatitis is Acute...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document