Week 3 Quiz - Ch. 3 Schaefer
This quiz consists of multiple choice and fill in the blank questions. Each question is worth 5 points for a total 50 points. There is only one correct response for each numbered item, and you should use the Schaefer text as needed to determine the best response. Highlight the correct response or fill in the blank as indicated and submit your completed quiz to your Assignments tab by the due date.
1. About what percent of hate crimes are racially motivated?
2. Affirmative action is currently viewed as a tool for reducing _______________________________, whereas previous efforts were aimed at eliminating individual acts of discrimination.
3. At one time, many Puerto Ricans were effectively barred from serving in the Chicago Police Department because they failed to meet a height requirement. This was an example of
d.the self-fulfilling prophecy.
4. White men who were ex-convicts were found to be __________, according to research conducted by sociologist Devah Pager.
a.more likely than Black men with clean records to be asked back after a job interview
b.less likely to find housing than poor Black families
c.less likely than Black men with clean records to be asked back after a job interview
d.more likely to find housing than poor Black families
5. Minorities are discriminated against by redlining when
a.police practice racial profiling.
b.speed limits are rigorously enforced in certain neighborhoods.
c.students with low test scores are failed.
d.mortgages are denied for houses in minority neighborhoods.
6. Kennedy Heights, a predominately Black housing development,...