Disadvantages and Advantages of global language
To start we need to define global language. Global language is the language spoken internationally that many people learn as a second language. There are many different advantages and disadvantages of global language. Some of the advantages are:
• Another language added to many people’s vocabulary. • Communication becomes easier because people may communicate with this global language. • Global language is used in business and worldwide
• Economy drives on one language.
• People who study languages could translate.
But there are also disadvantages like:
• Loss of value of a language
• Implication in the tradition of a country
• Is most of the time included in other languages
• Jobs runs almost only on the global languages
• It tends to benefit native speakers of that language • Translation is needed
We use language to communicate and send messages to other people. Animals and creatures communicate in a different way. Language is very important to have because it eases our lives by making our transfer of information to others much more easily. Different languages are spoken all over the world. There are between 5000- 10000 languages spoken. The country with the most languages spoken is Papua New Guinea. In New Guinea they speak approximately 820 languages, with English, as one of their official languages.
English is the current global language. It has been there for years. The language was originated from England and was spread around the world by means of colonization. It is a strong language which was chosen over other languages like Chinese. Though Chinese has more native speakers, it has some simplistic grammar, lacks articles, prepositions and tense. Therefore it is less effective in expressing complex meanings than English. It is also tonal, which limits the speaker's use of tone for emotional expression....
Please join StudyMode to read the full document