NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Equality and Diversity
Unit 1: Exploring Equality and Diversity
You should use this file to complete your Assessment.
• The first thing you need to do is save a copy of this document, either onto your computer or a disk • Then work through your Assessment, remembering to save your work regularly • When you’ve finished, print out a copy to keep for reference • Then, go to www.vision2learnforschools.com and send your completed Assessment to your teacher via your My Study area – make sure it is clearly marked with your name, the course title and the Unit and Assessment number.
Name: Brenda Ambar Quispe Villarroel
1. What is meant by diversity?
It’s the different religions that live in the same community.
2. Describe the community you live in. Highlight some of the variations you may observe in terms of: In my community, we have all sorts of people from different age who comes from different ethnic and cultural background. Most of the houses are semi-detached, that are privately owned and some have been converted into flats with young couples and single tenants. The older generation lives in well-kept housing. • Interests
|Person |Beliefs |Interests |Age |Lifestyle | |Asia |Muslim |Watching movies |15 |happy | |Jan |Christian |Watch and read horror staff |15 |happy | |Ernesta |Catholic |Read books, chatting with friends, music. |16 |As all normal persons. |
• Personal, social and cultural identities.
3. Explain how the variations in question 2 contribute to the diversity of the community. All the people from above have different likes and beliefs.
4. Give some examples to explain how diversity:
• Enhances your life
• Enhances the local community
• Enhances this country.
How people listen to each other respecting their religions and life.
5. Describe what it means to respect people’s differences and why it is important to respect differences. Every one of us has differences which makes us who we are. We are all individuals which makes us different. Listening to others, accepting their opinions and always being willing to work as a team. Respecting is treating others how you want to be treated.
6. For a person you know, describe the individual factors that make him / her who they are. Name:
|Defining factors |Brief description | |Physical characteristics | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |Emotions | | | | | |...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document