DIGITAL MARKETING –Booking.com
One of the best features of internet booking is to ease people on travel plan research, Percent of travelers who find user reviews important is 81%. The online booking revenue has grown more than 73% last five years. Hotel reservation is the most popular transaction activity as 39% for internet travel users, compare to air ticketing, package tour, and corporate travel (see exhibit 1). Booking.com (Part of Priceline.com) is one of the top visited travel sites by traffic blooming in Asia, and its available in 41 languages for different online users, offers over 260,565 places to stay in 178 countries. The website attracts over 30 million unique visitors each month from both the leisure and business sectors worldwide. There are several key online booking players in market as the major competitors are Agoda.com, Hotel.com, Expedia.com, and others.
2. How Booking.com recent digital marketing exercises compare with other competitors The internet travel business is growing and sophisticates nowadays, but would be more improvement expected. The company’s website, e-commerce marketing by emails, mobile booking application available, App, QR code, social marketing by booking.com are all connecting, but booking.com is sorely rely on the emails subscript customers based on promoting 50% off or more secret deals promotion offering. Somehow weakness and neglect on some other digital marketing applies (see exhibit 2).
3. SWOT analysis on Booking.com
* Booking.com has 27,300,000 pages indexed by search engines * 70,005 other sites have linked
* 25 authoritative pages linked
* High % of properties geographic coverage
* High reviews by real guest and royalty builder
* Link to new trendy living art style segmentation by increasing no of designing hotels. Example: www.designhotel.com * Online booking VS call or official website users - Online booking is a new trend market; try the best enable the phone or official website user customers shift to booking.com. * New youth generation in the future would be only relying on internet buying and social behavior. * Unmet market needs– those who haven’t own the 3g mobile, or application experience users.
* No campaign or micro movie is promoted.
* Webpage descriptions not enough unique & attractive
* Not enough traffic
* Add alt tags to co. related images – 101 images on booking.com webpage, but only 29 images of them have alt tag. * Lack of mobile booking promotion and push.
* Not friendly to mobile users – Add a meta viewport tag to co. website for mobile devices * No reward and compliments to the frequent purchase customers. *
* Royalty customers is not royalty – internet customers is not royalty as physical interaction customers. They may anytime shift to another company for hotel booking, due to price sensitive and huge comparison available, this would lose market share easily if booking.com doesn't invest high concern on their major frequent visit and purchased customers. * More and more competitors coming to gain the market share.
4. Recommendation - New digital marketing strategy apply and to improve 4.1 Marketing campaign able to reinforce digital marketing users involvement, marketing campaign idea suggest as below: Action 1– Provided a transparent room that has door lock and a double bed for people to stay in. Action 2 – Encourage people to check in by booking.com application at anytime they want. Action 3 – Maximum staying in the room would be an hour; people allow inviting or bringing along number of friends or family members to stay in. Action 4 – Encourage people sharing the story on “happening” photos or video, while they in the room with friends or family members in Booking .com social media channel. Action 5 – The most interest picture or video would win free two...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document