You will be required to write a research paper that addresses one of the developmental theorists that was discussed in class or from your text readings. Typical research papers focus on Freud, Piaget, Erikson, Vygotsky, Bronfenbrenner, Patterson, Mead, etc. You are required to interview a teacher and observe a classroom and integrate your observations into a research paper. If you have questions as to whether the theorist is acceptable, simply ask!
The paper should include the following contents:
Part 1 – Developmental Overview of the Theory
This section should provide a thorough developmental overview and biographical sketch of the theorist to include:
* Full name of author-Albert Bandura
* Dates of birth and death of author-born on December 4, 1925, in Mundare,
* Geographical location of author-Mundare, a small hamlet of some 400 inhabitants, largely immigrants from Poland and Ukraine, in northern Alberta, Canada, about 50 miles east of Edmonton
* Authors family background-the youngest child and only boy among six children in a family of Eastern European descent. Bandura's father worked laying track for the trans-Canada railroad, and his mother worked in the town's general store
* Childhood of author
* Formal education of author-Young Bandura's elementary and high school years were spent at the one and only school in town, which being woefully short of teachers and resources left learning largely to the students' own initiative. For example, the entire curriculum of his high school mathematics class comprised a single textbook, which one beleaguered teacher endeavored to read ahead of her small but bright class of students. Two teachers handled the entire high school curriculum. Although far off the path to academe, the school spawned an atypical class of graduates, virtually all of whom went on to attend universities throughout the world. For Bandura, the paucity of... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2011, 03). Developmental Research Paper. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 03, 2011, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Developmental-Research-Paper-634215.html
"Developmental Research Paper" StudyMode.com. 03 2011. 03 2011 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Developmental-Research-Paper-634215.html>.
"Developmental Research Paper." StudyMode.com. 03, 2011. Accessed 03, 2011. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Developmental-Research-Paper-634215.html.