Category 4 (Individual): Essay Writing
Age Group: Grades: 7- Grade 9
Topic: ‘Development of Renewable Energy Sources in the UAE’
As part of Language/Writing Class, ask your students to write an essay on the above topic.
Did You Know?
· The UAE is the first hydrocarbon country in the world to begin investing in renewable energy.
· MASDAR City, in Abu Dhabi, is an emerging clean-technology cluster located in what aims to be one of the World's most sustainable cities. Masdar City seeks to become a global centre for innovation, research, product development and light manufacturing in the fields of renewable energy and sustainable technologies.
· Due to its efforts and support to renewable energy, Abu Dhabi in the UAE was chosen to be the Headquarters for The International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA).
· Located in a hot tropical arid land, the UAE receives plenty of sunlight all year round.
· By 2020, the aim is for 7% of Abu Dhabi’s energy will come from renewable energy.
Terms and Conditions:
· Select the best THREE essays from your school and send it to us.
· The essay should be typed and sent to us in the following format:
o A4-sized paper
o Font: Gill Sans
o Font Size: 11
· The essay should be between 500 - 800 words.
· Soft copies of all essay entries must be submitted.
· The student’s name, photo, age, grade, school name and Emirate must be mentioned at the end of the essay.
· Evaluation Criteria- Relevance of Essay to the Specified Theme, Language Flow, Extent of Research, Content and Presentation
Please join StudyMode to read the full document