DEP Assessment I Part I:
My HR Map:
I assessed myself against the following:
Professional areas: (including reasons behind my choice and results)
1. Insights, Strategy and Solutions: To develop ationable insight & delivering HR solutions. (Good performance). 2. Leading HR: Personal leadership, leading others, service delivery & managing HR budget & finance. (Nearly law performance). 3. Learning and Talent Develompent: Organisation capability strategy, planning and busines case development & design L&D solutions. (Law performance).
1. Desicive Thinker: Ability to analyse & understand data & information quickly & use insights & knowledge to identify options. (Good performance). 2. Colaborative: Work effectively & inclusively with a range of people in ot out of the organisation. (Quite good performance). 3. Courage to Challenge: Courage & confidence to speak up skillfully & challenging others when confronted with resistance or unfamiliar circumstances. (Quite good performance)
* The concept and importance of CPD:
Continuing Professional Development as L&D practitioner is the mean by which we can maintain, improve and broaden our knowledge and skills and develop personal qualities required in our professional life. Also it is a mean of supporting in the workplace to understand more about the environment in which we work, the job we do and how to do it better.
CPD is important to improve knowledge and skills through exposure to new experiences benefit both the individual and the business.
The world is not static and there are new developments in all areas emerging all the time, which are both challenging and exciting. Change gives us a chance to stretch our ability and staying up to date also builds confidence and adds to credibility. As well as staying ahead of competitors for the benefit of the organization we work for. Therefore, through exposure to new initiatives both parties benefit.
* Difference between knowledge, skills and behaviour:
Knowledge is a familiarity with something, which can include facts, information, descriptions, or skills acquired through experience or education. It can refer to the theoretical or practical understanding of a subject.
Skills are the learned capacity to carry out pre-determined results often with the minimum outlay of time, energy, or both. In other words the abilities that one possesses. Behaviour is a manner of behaving or conducting oneself, also response of an individual or group to an action, environment, person or stimulus. Conclusion: Knowledge is the first step to posses skills, in other words skill is the ability to use knowledge to accomplish something, once you have those necessary skills you can transfer them into behaviours (The physical and shown way which proves that you have certain skills and knowledge about something you need to do). * Key Development needs for myself:
1. I want to be able to deal with crisis & emergencies with less stress. 2. I want to learn how to separate between personal and professional issues and sorting out conflicts within the team (Emotional intelligence). 3. I want to be able to do my colleagues tasks (Expand my knowledge & skills) * How to meet those needs:
• Need 1: Training led course.
• Need 2: Reading books.
• Need 3: On the training job.
* Evaluate two options:
| |Advantages: |Disadvantages: | |Reading books |Can read any time. |Depends on your free time/ place/ mood. | | |No obligations/ deadline to finish reading. |No obligations could lead to laziness. | | |Could give you other sources to read from. |There is no...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document